New Models: Mitutoyo test indicator with .080" diameter carbide contact point installed
These one revolution standard test indicators—without the tilted face and dial—are the most popular and best selling indicators in the US. They are also a real bargain when you get right down to it.
New features for 2017: better scratch resistance on crystal, more durable bezel, and the proper contact point length is printed right on the dial. These new models will have the suffix -10 added to the model number. But here is our favorite new feature: the indicator consist of just 4 assemblies and if a repair is needed, you can simply buy the entire new movement, new head assembly, crystal or (even) body. You will no longer have to install gears or springs. You will still need some tools, a steady hand and mechanical know-how.
But, because of the low price, they could be considered "throw-away" indicators. When they break down, just toss and replace. Excellent for the factory or shop where they are used by the dozens, if not hundreds.
They are also a good bargain when treated with a little bit of respect although they are a poor comparison to their European counterparts, when you start to examine their construction. Yes, the bezel and crystal can be easily replaced but because they are all plastic to begin with, they will break, crack or come undone much more frequently than the sturdier, more permanent designs of other brands. Note: the manufacturer has chosen to use epoxy to keep some parts in place, including the contact point! It may be hard to unscrew your old point if you want to replace it.
- easy to replace crystal and bezel assembly (see page 162)
- excellent repeatability and accuracy
- .0005" models are accurate to ± one graduation
- .0001" models are accurate to ± one graduation
- sturdy, oversized ball bearings are rarely damaged (based on repair reports)
- serial number and scan image printed on the dial face
- basic set includes an 3/8" diameter stem attachment
- full set also includes .157" diameter stem attachment, swivel clamp, 4" long holding bar as well as 1 mm and 3 mm diameter carbide ball contact points. Full sets have the letter "T" after the model number.
- optional contact points available in Ruby, Teflon or Nylon in various diameters (see page 21)
- common spare parts are available (see page 162)
- repair service is available by many qualified repair shops nationwide (see page 30)
Why do we ask you to check the Amazon price? It is no surprise that Amazon undersells just about everyone and there is no way that we can compete with them. By buying directly from Amazon you will be getting the best price, often up to 20% to 30% off list. Free shipping is sometimes included, and they offer a convenient return policy. And, if it says "sold and shipped by Amazon" you can be reasonably sure that you will get the genuine article and not one of the Chinese imitations.
This is a bargain that can't be beat. By all means click on the "check" Amazon price links below to see what they have to offer.