This page is designed to help you find equivalents to test indicators which you might own or want to replace. It will show the new models when others have become obsolete. It can also help you find better quality equivalents or—vice versa—cheaper alternatives. However, you'll note that not all manufacturers have been represented.
We've taken the major parameters into account: the range, the graduations, the dial diameter and the contact point length. There will of course be some variation from one manufacturer to another. Mitutoyo contact points are actually somewhat shorter than listed, for example. We've rounded off the dial and point lengths to make comparison easier.
- For inch reading equivalent models, see page 148.
- For a detailed comparison of manufacturers and brand names, refer to page 37.
Where are they made?
- Alina (Switzerland, discontinued)
- Compac (Tesa) - Switzerland
- Girodtast (Girod) - Switzerland
- Interapid (Tesa) - Switzerland
- Kafer - Germany
- MarTest - Germany
- Mercer (Tesa) - Switzerland
- Mitutoyo - Japan
- Roctest (Tesa) - Switzerland
- SISO-tast (Girod) - Switzerland
- SPI brand - China
- Starrett - USA
- Swisstast (Tesa) - Switzerland
- Teclock - Japan
- Tesatast (Tesa) - Switzerland
For additional information on any model, click on the model numbers below.