This page is designed to help you find equivalents to inch reading test indicators which you might own or want to replace. It will show the new models when others have become obsolete. It can also help you find better quality equivalents or—vice versa—cheaper alternatives.
We've taken the major parameters into account: the range, the graduations, the dial diameter and the contact point length. There will of course be some variation from one manufacturer to another. We've rounded the dial and point lengths to the nearest .1" to make comparison easier. For a detailed comparison of manufacturers and brand names, refer to page 37.
- Vertical (end mounted) indicator equivalents are shown on page 181.
- Metric indicators are shown on page 197.
Selecting a linked model number will provide you with more detailed information.
Where they are made:
- Alina ... Switzerland (assembled in USA by Long Island Indicator Service)
- Bestest ... Switzerland
- Compac ... Switzerland
- Enco ... models shown on this page are made in Japan unless otherwise noted
- Federal ... various (Switzerland, England, USA)
- Gem ... USA
- Girod ... Switzerland
- Interapid ... Switzerland
- Kafer ... Germany
- MarTest ... Germany
- Mercer ... Switzerland
- Mitutoyo ... Japan
- Peacock ... Japan
- Starrett ... USA
- Teclock ... Japan
- Tesatast ... Switzerland